Hello, my name in Jonathan May. I grew up in Marlton, NJ and now live in Mount Laurel. I am a practicing Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) for near 17 years in the area and am now shifting and expanding my reach to help and assist the general population as a fitness professional. Most recently, I was an ATC for the Philadelphia Phillies in their minor league system where I worked at each affiliate location over the course of 13 seasons with some of the best and brightest talent the organization had. My role with the Phillies has helped shape my identity as an ATC and as a health and fitness professional to better service those under my care, especially in assessment, prevention, and reduction of athletic injuries, as well as overall resiliency of the player. I have a keen interest in continually learning and shaping my understanding in the complexity of the human body and the kinetic chain in determining the most optimized and best-practice in design and implementation of fitness program for my clients.
In addition, I believe in a wholistic approach in the rooted principles of exercise, diet, and sleep to aid and improve the overall health and well being of our society. Your fitness goals are my goals. I can and will help you believe and achieve. Together I can help motivate and program your goals, wants, and needs. I am ready to work with you with an open mindset, professional knowledge, and passion of a client-centric model and will meld it within the standards of Kennedy Fitness and the clients it services.
In my spare time, I enjoy working out, running, reading, travel, and learning through my own professional education, but mostly I enjoy time at home with my wife, Lindsay, and our black cat, Desi.
- Master of Science (MS) in Exercise Science and Health Promotion with a specialized track in Performance Enhancement and Injury Prevention/Rehabilitative Science, May 2019, California University of Pennsylvania, California, PA
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Kinesiology with a specialized track in Athletic Training, May 2002, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
- Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC), 2003-present. #030302058
- National Provider Identifier # 1528101383
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), 2008-present. #200834893
- Certified Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES) 2018-present. #1180255121
- Certified Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES) 2019-present. #1190315490
- Certified Speed Specialist (CSS) 2019-present. #CU202142274
- Precision Nutrition Level 1 Coach (Pn1) 2017-present.
- Certified Applied Functional Science (CAFS) 2015.
- CPR/AED for the professional rescuer American Heart Association/American Red Cross, 1999-present.
- Sport Specific Training
- Strength & Conditioning Training
- Speed & Plyometric Training
- Core/Functional Training
- Reconditioning and Restoration from Previous Injury
“Nobody cares how much you know until they see how much you care.”
“Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.”
-Leonardo da Vinci